Long Beach Rotary Scholarship Foundation scholarship and grant recipients:
STUDENTS MUST BE:
- A graduating senior from a public, charter, private or parochial high school
- A resident living within the LBUSD boundaries.
- A citizen, legal resident of the United States, or DACA recipient with a valid social security number
- Accepted and enrolled either at Long Beach City College or CSU, Long Beach
- Recipient of a minimum G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher
- Enrolled and maintain a minimum of 12 units each academic semester
STUDENTS SHALL NOT BE:
- A member or honorary member of Long Beach Rotary
- An employee of Long Beach Rotary
- The spouse, lineal descendant, spouse of lineal descendant, stepchild or parent (collectively referred to as 'Family Member') of a member
Long Beach Rotarians and their 'Family Members' shall remain ineligible for scholarships and grants for 36 months after the Long Beach Rotarian has discontinued his or her membership in Long Beach Rotary
If a scholarship or grant was first awarded to a 'Family Member' prior to a person becoming a member of Long Beach Rotary, that 'Family Member’s' scholarship may continue so long as he or she otherwise remains eligible to continue the scholarship or grant
As scholarships may be awarded to recipients residing in the cities of Signal Hill, Lakewood and Avalon, the same restrictions set forth above shall also apply to Signal Hill Rotary, Lakewood Rotary, and Avalon Rotary.