“Through its Scholarship Foundation, the Long Beach Rotary has been a significant partner of California State University, Long Beach for more than half a century. Their generosity has given thousands of students from the Long Beach area an opportunity to pursue their dreams of a college education.”
Jane Close Conoley
President, California State University, Long Beach
CSULB CENTENNIAL SCHOLARSHIP (formerly known as Millennium Scholarship)
- Up to twelve (12) annual $2,500 Centennial (formerly known as Millennium) scholarships are awarded annually
- Current CSULB students who attended a Long Beach area high school and are not currently receiving a Rotary Scholarship
- Applications are through the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office at CSULB
THERON H. SLAUGHTER, M.D. SCHOLARSHIP
In 2010 a program was added for students in health related fields, preferably nursing, at both LBCC and CSULB funded by the estate of Bill Slaughter in memory of his father, Theron H. Slaughter, M.D., the former Chief of Staff at Long Beach Community Hospital.
- Up to two (2) two year $2,500 per year scholarships
- Awarded annually to CSULB students currently enrolled in a health related field of study
- Enrolled in a minimum of 12 units and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA
- Currently participating in clinical work in a Long Beach area hospital
- Preference given to students who attended a Long Beach area high school
- Applications for the Theron H. Slaughter M.D. Scholarship are through the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office at CSULB
MARK BIXBY LEADERSHIP AWARD
Rotary, and indeed all of Long Beach, suffered a stunning loss, on March 16, 2011, with the passing of our beloved Mark Bixby, LB Rotary President 2003-2004. Mark was a living example of "Service Above Self". He was instrumental in the efforts to create Rotary Centennial Park, Camp Enterprise and was a supporter of all Long Beach Rotary's charitable endeavors. Our Rotary Scholarship Foundation Board has unanimously established the Mark Bixby Leadership Award in his honor. Mark worked tirelessly on behalf of the youth in our community and we are grateful for this opportunity to create this legacy as a tribute.
- One time $3,000 award
- Presented annually to a current Long Beach Rotary Scholarship Foundation scholarship recipient who has successfully completed two semesters as a Rotary scholar
- Application through the Foundation followed by finalist interview
- BIXBY ONLINE APPLICATION - Available in February.
- Application deadline is April 1st.
NON-ROTARY CSULB SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
The Center for Scholarship Information (CSI) is the official hub for scholarship information at CSULB. They collect, organize, and distribute information on hundreds of external scholarships as well as administer university scholarships for the campus.
CSULB Financial Aid Scholarships Office