“Through its Scholarship Foundation, the Long Beach Rotary has been a significant partner of California State University, Long Beach for more than half a century. Their generosity has given thousands of students from the Long Beach area an opportunity to pursue their dreams of a college education.”
Jane Close Conoley
President, California State University, Long Beach
CSULB CENTENNIAL SCHOLARSHIP (formerly known as Millennium Scholarship)
- Up to twelve (12) annual $2,500 Centennial (formerly known as Millennium) scholarships are awarded annually
- Current CSULB students who attended a Long Beach area high school and are not currently receiving a Rotary Scholarship
- Applications are through the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office at CSULB
THERON H. SLAUGHTER, M.D. SCHOLARSHIP
In 2010 a program was added for students in health related fields, preferably nursing, at both LBCC and CSULB funded by the estate of Bill Slaughter in memory of his father, Theron H. Slaughter, M.D., the former Chief of Staff at Long Beach Community Hospital.
- Up to two (2) two year $2,500 per year scholarships
- Awarded annually to CSULB students currently enrolled in a health related field of study
- Enrolled in a minimum of 12 units and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA
- Currently participating in clinical work in a Long Beach area hospital
- Preference given to students who attended a Long Beach area high school
- Applications for the Theron H. Slaughter M.D. Scholarship are through the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office at CSULB
- One time $5,000 award.
- Awarded annually to a current Long Beach Rotary Scholarship Foundation recipient who has successfully completed two (2) semesters as a Rotary Scholar.
- Application available on March 1st.
- Application deadline is March 31st.
- For information and to apply, CLICK HERE.
NON-ROTARY CSULB SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
The Center for Scholarship Information (CSI) is the official hub for scholarship information at CSULB. They collect, organize, and distribute information on hundreds of external scholarships as well as administer university scholarships for the campus.
CSULB Financial Aid Scholarships Office